Oddbjørn, 68, is married with 4 children. In 1974, they moved to Frosta. For many years, he commuted between there and Trondheim, where he worked as a welder.
- "Both commuting and welding took their piece of my life.”
As a result of his work he developed COPD, a chronic illness of the lungs causing poor airflow. To Oddbjørn, it affects his concentration and causes dizziness and breathing difficulties.
- “Climbing stairs, that was awful. The basement stairs, I had no chance in the end. Walking was no good.”
- “But today, life is completely different. I enter the basement several times each day. I have no problem doing it.”
- “It really, really helps having the AssiStep, because you no longer feel that dread to start walking, you just do it.”
- “And the stair helper AssiStep I recommend to most people I come across who might need it.”
“The stair helper AssiStep really saved me, I have to say!”